Skip to main content

Communication Skills Training

Virtual Training on Tuesday, January 18 from 10:00 am ET to 12:00 pm

Communicating for Results

Explore and practice the communication skills you need to develop better conversations, more productive meetings, and more powerful presentations. 

During this highly interactive virtual training you will:

  • Develop strategies for dealing with barriers to effective communication
  • Identify the keys to listening effectively
  • Discover the secret to dealing with difficult personalities
  • Practice CLUES to Success, five key ingredients for powerful and influential communication

WHEN: January 18 from 10:00 am ET to 12:00 pm

REGISTER HERE

Price: only $49.95 

Testimonials from previous participants:

"I've already used what I've learned. Literally I wrote an email yesterday which was more like a vent, then Doug was in my head clear as a bell 'is it helpful? Is it necessary? Is it kind?' and while therapeutic for me to get it off my chest, I ultimately put it to Doug's test and deleted it! I'm happy about that. I'm also looking forward to using more questions to bet better results. I have a new super power!"

-- Participant from Bucks County, PA

"Doug was excellent. He was a skilled communicator and great at holding everyone's attention."

"Doug did a great job with relating the content to real life situations. He was also very engaging and kept my interest in the content through the course."'

"I am glad I signed-up for the webinar -- it's THE best I have over the several webinars I have taken...Doug is so professional, explains very well on everything we need to do to start and complete a successful project. Doug is so resourceful -- the experience that he brought and shared with us is amazing! Thank you Doug for sharing your knowledge and expertise."
-- participant from Edmonton, Alberta, CA

WHEN: January 18 from 10:00 am ET to 12:00 pm

REGISTER HERE

Price: only $49.95

 


Comments

More...

Deep Thinker Thinking

  Deep Thinker Thinking, drawing by douglas Brent smith, December 2001, from Journal #35, Mission Control, Volume Two, 2001 - 2002. Drawing helps me think. Thinking, sometimes, draws me to draw. It amazes me how few adults draw at all. Somewhere along the line in childhood they just stopped.  We should all draw more and more often. Pencil, pen, crayon, whatever you've got. Instead of scrolling tonight, spend that time drawing a picture. Instead of wasting your time and feeling bad about it you've have a picture you can feel good about. It doesn't have to be great, it just has to be yours.

Density

  Density by Douglas Brent Smith

Lighter Than Air

  Lighter Than Air - acrylic painting by Douglas Brent Smith, November 1976. Notes: I don't have every painting I've ever painted. Some years ago I purged many of them. I like this one, though, and have it hanging in my apartment. It's whimsical. It's a painting in a painting. It has a top hat. It has balance, a candle, even a drop of blood.  What else could you want in a painting?

Creating on Illusion

  Creating on Illusion - collage by Douglas Brent Smith Where's the illusion? What sleight of hand do we focus on? I think that I made this collage in 1989. That was so long ago and yet, in terms of illusions, not long at all. What do you think?

Back Inner Cover

  Back Inner Cover of Journal #33, Life In Progress, by Douglas Brent Smith, A collage that's not exactly a typical collage. It's what I often do with the back inner covers of my journals -- simply randomly put stickers, stamps, name tags, and other sticky objects. 

Gears of Joy

  Gears of Joy, collage by Douglas Brent Smith This is page 305 of Journal #33, Life in Progress. 

Note to Self 20230423

If you keep working your craft you will be amazed at how much you've learned and how much more there is yet to learn. -- doug smith  

Better Platforms Coming

  When was the last time that you drew anything? Do you remember how joyful it can be? Let go of any goal in drawing and the drawing will claim you, name you, frame you. I had no idea where this drawing was going. Does that make it a doodle? Does it matter. Draw something. Show someone. Save it. Smile. You do not have to, of course. No one can compel you. But, what if it's fun?  Better Platforms Coming - sketch by douglas brent smith, 1996

Bottle Rocket

 "Is that what I think it is?" (she slams the oven door and grabs the bottle rocket out of the boys hand. She throws it toward the window but it bounces off the screen and lands amid the other fireworks.) "Is that cherry pie?" (she opens the oven and grabs the pie. It's hot and she nearly drops it but manages to set it on the floor.) "Yes. That was a close one." (a chain reaction of fire work sparklers light up the kitchen. Small popping sounds and Gilles. She grabs the boys hand and leads him in a gallop out of the kitchen. They both narrowly miss stepping in the pie on the way out. As soon as they are gone the whole kitchen explodes.) "Shhhhh." (She returns with a fire extinguisher and gets the exploding fireworks out. It's a mess. She picks up the miraculously in tact pie and carries it out. Wisps of smoke float gently around the kitchen. Pause.) "Delicious." -- douglas brent smith - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Context: ...

How Fast Are You Going?

  i follow the speed limit in my car but emotionally it's usually all going too fast getting where I'm heading just on time. How Fast Are You Going? collage by Douglas Brent Smith, 1997, from Journal #32, Secret Change Agent.